About Me

My photo
My name is Sarah and I’m a 27 year old Army wife and mother of 2 beautiful little girls.I am documenting my weight loss journey with the Lapband. I hope that this blog helps educate and inspire others.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

NSV! (AKA Non Scale Victories)

I hadn’t heard this term before until I started researching the Lapband. It’s pretty self explanatory but I guess I’ll explain it anyway… Basically a Non Scale Victory is something that has changed in a positive way since you started losing weight but it might not be reflected on the scale. For example…
I had my very first NSV yesterday. During my pre-op diet I took my kids for a walk in the stroller almost every day. We live in an apartment complex (in the back) and I would push the kids to the front to check the mail and drop off the trash. After making that trip I would be very tired and usually go to the park and let my kids play while I sat down and rested.
 Yesterday I went down to the mail and dropped off the trash and I felt good… I felt really good. I could tell I was lighter and quicker. I decided I didn’t want to go to the park and sit down. I just kept walking. I walked most of the neighborhood and I didn’t get tired until about 20 feet away from my door. It was amazing. It seems like something so small but it was great. I would venture to say that my first NSV has been the best part so far. I am totally looking forward to walking with the kids again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment